Sports Emergency Care White Paper Webinar Sessions
Our knowledge base is grounded in practical information gained by practicing sports health care professionals who get their hands dirty every night on the sidelines, courts, and playing fields. We tap into this expertise to put peer-reviewed literature and expert opinion to the test during our true-to-life Situational Scenario™ tests. The outcomes of these tests are used to develop and improve on-field management strategies and provide guidance for future research. Our Sports Emergency Care White Paper Webinar Sessions are intended to help disseminate the practical information we gain in a manner that helps prevent athletic injuries, improve the safety of athletic competition, and raise the standard of care provided during pre-hospital management of potentially critically injured athletes.
The objective of each session is to provide Athletic Trainers with:
- A systematic overview of current best-practice literature;
- Expert opinion and analysis of the current literature;
- Successful techniques for application of best-practice standards;
- Suggestions for creation of best-practice policy and procedures.
SMC’s Sports Emergency Care White Paper Webinars are hosted from 1-2pm EST the last Monday of each month, September through April. All sessions are free and offer a maximum who complete the post-program assessment and program evaluation. Please review the tentative schedule below and register for the date and time that works best for you using the registration link below. Use the links to the right to follow our Blog, Follow-Us on Twitter, or Like Us on Facebook to receive your monthly FREE White Paper invitation and Sports Emergency Care Update Newsletter from Sports Medicine Concepts, Inc.
Sports Medicine Concepts, Inc. (BOC AP#: P1126) is recognized by the Board of Certification, Inc. to offer continuing education credit to Athletic Trainers. Each SEC White Paper Session is eligible for a maximum of 1 Category A hour/CEU for Athletic Trainers. To receive CE credit attendees must complete the program attendee assessment and program evaluations provided upon completion of the session within 24 hrs.
To register click on the links below. Registration is limited to the first 25 registrants. After registering you will receive a confirmation email containing instructions for joining the training.
Here is a peek at our 2015-2016 Sports Emergency Care White Paper Sessions Schedule
- Monday November 30, 1015: Cold Illnesses and Conditions
- Monday December 28, 2015: Hypoglycemia and the Diabetic Athlete
- Monday January 25, 2016: Hemo/Pneumothax Injuries
- Monday February 29, 2016: Management of the Equipment-Laden Lax Player
- Monday March 28, 2016: Management of the Asthmatic Athlete
- Monday April 25, 2016: Anaphylaxis and Epinephrine Use
*Schedule subject to change without notice. Session recordings are for reference only and not eligible for BOC CE credit.